Commitment to and concern for the community is one of the cooperative's core principles. PEC donates to charitable organizations through the Federated Youth Foundation, which is funded by unclaimed or donated capital credits.
Organizations may receive funds one time per calendar year.
If you have any questions, contact member services at 715-339-2155.
Eligibility, Criteria, and Instructions
- Organizations that benefit communities and individuals in PEC's service area.
- The donation request should be for a specific project or current need.
- Organizations that:
- Relieve the poor, distressed, or underprivileged.
- Advance science.
- Erect public buildings for public works or preservation of historical buildings.
- Lessen the burdens of government, and tend to reduce taxation, such as for libraries, fire departments, parks, museums, historical markers, and monuments.
- Promote social welfare through activities of established agencies or organizations working toward the elimination of prejudice, defense of human/civil rights, and combating of community deterioration and juvenile delinquency.
- Are for the cure or treatment of disease or for the promotion and preservation of health.
- Are for the armed services, rehabilitation of persons who have been in the armed services, or to assist disabled veterans.
- Are for the promotion of the welfare of the agricultural population, improvement of the conditions of rural life, or the solution of agricultural problems.
Organizations that wish to apply must fill out an application. Applications can be found using the link below or can be picked up from the PEC office.
Completed applications can be submitted to memberservices@PriceElectric.coop or dropped off at the PEC office.
Charitable donation request applications are due by May 15 and December 15. Applications will be reviewed within two weeks of the due dates. The PEC board of directors will select the recipients and amounts given.
If your organization is not selected, and funds are still needed within the calendar year, you may reapply.
Charitable donation money comes from the Federated Youth Foundation, which are returned capital credits that have gone unclaimed or have been donated to the Foundation by members. These funds can NOT be used by PEC for operational or capital expenditures and are used exclusively for scholarship and charitable donations that meet the eligibility requirements set forth by the Foundation.